New year, new projects! And with being stuck in the house for almost a year, so many are moving to bigger homes and remodeling their current residence for a change of scenery.
Here are some tips to consider when doing a remodeling project:
- Make a plan – You’ll want to do this before you call a plumber. You don’t have to know all the ins and outs but having a good idea of what you would like the final result helps tremendously!
- Set a budget – One of the first things a good plumbing contractor will ask you is what your budget looks like. This isn’t to turn you away but to give you some alternatives to your dream that are within your budget.
- Have a schedule in mind – How soon are you wanting your remodel work? Are you doing several areas of your home (kitchen, bathrooms, etc.)? Think about the amount of downtime for your family and the length of the project. This helps your contractor plan their schedule better as well.
- Be flexible – We’re not all fixer uppers, though we want to be, so share your ideas with your plumbing contractor and be open to feedback.
- Check licenses – Most remodel projects need permits. If you choose to do the remodeling yourself or a handyman you may run into issues with permits and inspections. Confirm your plumbing contractor is licensed by using your state licensing website.